Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ma Soeur

My sister (soeur in french) has always been the closest person to me, beside ummi of course. We've been together for, what is it, 18 years? whew, who knows we can stand each other that long? wkwk.

So, few days ago she had her 18th birthday. That moment when i realized how old she is, i was like, God she's a woman now! True that i've been watching her grow from that skinny, cheerful little girl to be the quiet, full-of-surprise, and not-that-skinny young lady she is now, but still, i'm amazed of how quickly we've left our joyful childhood.

As a kid, i used to envy my sister. She always was the kind one, while me, i was the selfish type. She  seemed to has more friends than i did, she smiled a lot, she defended me from Mom's yells even when she was fully aware of my wrongdoings, and she was the sweetest sister ever. She still is. (In fact i only have one sister lol)

We fought a lot, yes. When i would not change the TV-channel to her favourite program, when i would not let her has the bigger slice of cake, when she defeat me at one Bekel game, when she was so slow she made us late to school,... We have our own fair-share in upsetting each other, yet i cannot get angry with her for too long. We eventually will made up, usually she was the first to offer a friendly hand. Big sisters are too proud to apologize, aren't they? :)

I remember that days when we used to watch Scooby Doo at maghribs sneakily, and quickly turned off the TV when we heard Mom or Dad's arriving, then put on innocent faces, and ask them to join us Pray Maghrib. Now who can get suspicious of two sweet, innocent little girl? :p
Or that time when we sat together miserably on School grounds, waiting for Mom and Dad to pick us, while Mom thought Dad already has and Dad though Mom already has, and we wait and wait until past Maghrib. Ha ha, even then, our teachers known us as "that sisters whose parents often picked them up late" :")
Or that rushed mornings we clung on to Dad while he rode the motorcycle at top-speed, and still, we made Pak Luqman frowned at us for getting late to school, AGAIN. We earned another nickname "that sisters who always come late to school"

Now, despite the fact that she's grown up, i still feel this sorta attachment to her. That's why when she said she wanted to go overseas, a part of me whispered "No, dont go away from me". I dont want her to go, to tell you the truth, but that's because my own selfish reason to keep her close. Yet, love wins. I didnt have the heart to tell her straightly "dont go". I just smile a lot, pray for her best, and support her, and tell her to do the best she can do. Guess that's love speaking. As long as the person you love is happy, you're bound to be happy for them too. And that's what i felt with her. :)

18 years together, she still surprise me sometimes. Blame it on her brilliant right brain and her sincere heart. I like her drawings, though i always wonder why she cant be this good at math as she can do draw. But i guess people have their own upsides and downsides. And for all of that, i love my sister, no matter how often she get lost or how proud she is to not ask for help. I know she loves me too, although she doesnt show it much. But love doesnt need to be shown, does it? You can feel pure, sincere love with your heart :)

"Happy birthday to you, just be happy forever and may we always be together in the hearts."

Like people say


Friends can come and go, but sisters never seem to leave




No comments:

Post a Comment