Monday, March 11, 2013

Listen


Above is my recent audiography test result, showing how well my ears can hear the softest tone on different notes (actually i got tested in physics labwork. when you are a medstudent, you can get free health test in labworks every now and then). Shown that my left ear can hear until the threshold of 0 dBHL, while my right ear has slightly increased threshold, 6,25 dBHL. When i say 0 dBHL, it means the softest tone average people can still hear. So i can hear alright, my hearing is normal, but my left ear is waaay more sensitive than my right. 

Maybe it's because sometimes i put on music earphone in only my right ear, so my left ear can still hear what the lecturer says. I can tell you this is no use because, well, music sounds more interesting than the lecturer, rite? ;p and i would not ever put on music earphones if the lecture is interesting. In fact, i rarely put on music earphones. I learned that earphones on medium level has the same loudness level as loud gym or very loud traffic, and putting it on fore more than some-teen minutes can damage your sound receptor permanently. So i prefer playing music through speakers. If i really have to use earphones, i always keep the volume 40% maximum. 

I know some people who put on their earphones on 100% volume, even i who sits beside them can hear clearly what they're listening. I wonder don't they get dizzy listening to music that loud? But now i figure that our hearing threshold is different from each other. I find my hearing is still sensitive and i have to preserve it by protect my ear against loudness! 


No comments:

Post a Comment