Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Top 10 everything in my 2012 life

Waaaaah 2012 is reaching the end. Time flies, folks, and as usual i'll be reviewing my year back. Oh this is the third time i do this on blog :D But this time i'm gonna do it differently. For two years past, i wrote year-end review on monthly basis. Now i'll just write "The top everything in my 2012 life". Hope it's inspiring :p

Happiest moment:
[June] When Cleo magazine texted me out of the blue, told me that i won two free premium tickets for Jason Mraz concert on June 22, whew, it's been so long since i felt that true joy :), well, you cant get lucky everyday, rite? Blogpost about it here

Saddest moment:
[May] Well, maybe when my sister couldnt get thru the check-in gate in Terminal 2F, Soekarno-Hatta airport while we finally got the chance to go home together. I'd been imagining the happy trip back home with her, but she didnt bring any ID card, so she couldnt board the same plane with me. Pity, actually, because my (presumably our) economy tickets were upgraded to nice executive class seats, and she just cudnt board the plane! Quel dommage! I actually cried when i stared at the empty seat beside me that's supposed to be my sister's. Fortunately she could switch the flight to another flight later that day for SURABAYA -__- (our original ticket is for Malang, but since there's only one flight to Malang per day, so i guess there's no other way, unless my sister is to spend the night in airport, which is impossible). I planned to write about this then, but just couldnt get myself at it. Maybe soon.

Most exciting moment:
[August] When i finally stepped out from the airplane ABROAD, which is to say, my first abroad trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I was so excited then, i still excited even now :D Hope i can go abroad again soon :")

Most depressing moment:
[Novembre] I had this one worst day, started with embarass myself in front of ustadzs and hafidzs for entering a Hifdzil Quran competition, when i forgot all my Juz-1. Then i spent good 3 hours on my way to Roadshow IAIC in Serpong, 3 hours with rain and packed traffic. And when i got there, the roadshow is OVER. And one person even said to me, "there's no need to come really". Imagine my feelings :""""" I was being the biggest whiner for days after that, i think that was my most depressing days ever, probably because it's still freshly carved on my hippocampi :p

Best movie watched:
[December] Life of Pi. Just...beautiful. See for yourself :")

Best book read:
[October] 99 cahaya Di langit Eropa, by Hanum Salsabiela Rais. I write a review on this, here

Best song heard:
[June-September] A Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz

Biggest achievement:
[August] Finally going abroad :D, oh, and got my first perfect mark ever in FKUI on Practical Examination of Metabolic-Endocrine module :p

First times:
- being pager ayu, in dr. Roman's wedding
- driving
- PRJ. The rumah hantu is freakingly spooky -__-"
- trying to play a violin. i am a bad violinist.
- spend a whole day in airport
- subscribe to a magazine (Janna by Republika. a good one, you should read too)
- board a plane on Executive class, and by mere luck from Allah haha. the seat's spacey and comfy :")
pic=no hoax gan! :D
- eating in all-you-can-eat buffet -- Hanamasa Plaza Semanggi
- watching classical music recital and it was SUPER! Held by Yapmedi FKUI, the performers are all doctors and medstudents, plus one professional pianist as guest-star (Levi Gunardi). Some of my friends performed too, and they were awesome ^^
- aaaand many more~~

New Skills learned:
- Swimming with face skywards (that is to say, supine position. Tips from me if you want to try: just look skyward, literally. DONT look at your feet or chest, just look UP, you'll float)
- French is getting better :") Still can't catch some conversations, unfortunately. Guess i've gotta work on French listening.
- Driving and parking, but only with automatic-transmission car -__-" Still, a  new skill :p
- Virtual-drawing, and here is my first
hm, how about it? :p
- rapping (thanks to Jason Mraz)
- ice-skating backwards (wohoo). Ice skating is super fun. I'm dying to try other sophisticated moves like jumping or spinning, i have even bought a nice guide book about it. Oh, and luckily for UI student, there is special price every Thursday in Sky Rink Taman Anggrek.

So that's all. I hope the upcoming 2013 is waaaay better and waaay more successful. Cheers for y'all :)


3 comments:

  1. cimuuuutth..it's always exciting to review, read, and write anything like 'a year in your life', and you do it refreshingly different. surely, gonna follow this one (you don't mind, no?)

    *soo happy having a friend who became an active blogger, btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha of course, cant wait to read Elsa's wonderful year! ^^ and same to you bloggerfella :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oc, here i'll be nice reader of your(s) :D

    ReplyDelete