Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meant to be that way

last night my bestfriend-used-to-be called me, because he seemed to be a little bit unpleasant about the present i sent him few months ago. in his call, he said that he wants to be a 'regular moslem student', so he doesnt expect anything like receiving a birthday present from a girl. he told me about his senior's saying

"pacaran itu bukan status, tapi sikap"

that way, i suddenly understand what he meant. he thinks that receiving a birthday present from opposite sex is kinda like dating things. he said he really didnt mind if i send him anything anymore, but he just doesnt want it to be fitnah, so its better if i stop giving him anymore present. we then talked a bit about our activities lately, and we said goodbye.

then i think, once again in my life, i cannot befriend with a boy. it always turns out to be this way; people think we are in some kind of relationship and so on and so on.
whats wrong with pure friendship? cant it be like my relationship with my other girl bestfriends? i really didnt mean anything when i sent him the present. it is my old habit to send presents to people when they have their birthdays. and since i consider him a bestfriend of mine (we did the things i do with my girl bestfriend), i surely send him one. not that i love him as a boy or so. i just....want to give something. is that wrong?

oh yes maybe he just want to be a good boy, i understand. i am not just talking about him, but also about my past relationships with boys. i want them to be my friends, just friends, and then things go wrong. why? cant i be just friends with them? cant GIRLS be just friends with boys?

maybe it is meant to be this way... i dont know.

No comments:

Post a Comment